PWA Vs Hybrid App- With the advancement in technology, the major point of conflict is the PWA Vs Hybrid App. After the selection of the right platform, the app owner needs to know about the type of App.
In today’s advancing world both the technology prove to give the best result. However, there is a variable difference between both of the methodology.
So, let’s review the best solution among both the applications.
As per their name, these apps are a combination of the web app in the native browser, like the UIWebView in iOS and WebView in Android (not Safari or Chrome).
Here, the responsiveness of the Hybrid app will depend on the website. All the UI component, their positioning, color, and orientation(that is, look and feel) will depend entirely on the responsive layout.
This will be for a particular dimension set by the web developer.
PWA-Progressive Web App
These apps are not the real app but an extension(shortcut) to a website/webpage. They are added to the Homescreen of your mobile device with a browser option of ‘Add To Homescreen‘.
Just like a website, PWA is installed on a server and distributed using URL’s.
Although they lack support to few device based features which a native or hybrid app provides. They are like camera-based features and audio recording.
This PWA app for Magento 2 uses the capabilities of the web to provide app-like experience. This light app works faster than other Magento 2 apps.
Thus, due to the faster performance, it enhances user engagement on the website. This will, in turn, result in higher conversion rates.
So, major features of the app-
- User-Friendly Solution.
- Push Notification supported.
- Works efficiently in Low Internet.
- Looks like a Native App.
Major Difference Between PWA And Hybrid App
- Distribution- The app user can easily find the Hybrid app on Play and App store. Whereas, the PWA can be added much easily to the device home screen with the ‘Add To Homescreen‘ option.
- Cost Of Production- The creation of a Hybrid app involves the skills set of web app creation along with knowledge of Native app development. However, PWA acquires lower cost due to a single code base and common skill set.
- Languages used For Development– The Hybrid app requires additional knowledge of languages like Kotline/Java for Android and Swift for iOS. Whereas PWA app creation takes place from a website so such requirements don’t exist.
- Performance- PWA is no doubt the best solution to the top of it optimizes the operations. Wherein it provides better speed even in low internet. Whereas Hybrid app doesn’t provide such an advantage.
Hence, with regard to the above points, we can see that PWA is a better solution for an e-commerce app developer.