Progressive Web Application (PWA) provides an excellent approach towards the improvement of the online user experience on the store in Ecommerce. It’s lead to increase the engagement of the user and hence, increase the revenue generation of the store.
The PWA uses web compatibility to provide the users of PWA the app-like experience. The app developed by web technology.
Importance Of Ecommerce PWA
Let’s have a look Why Ecommerce PWA’s are essential?
Nowadays, a major chunk of customers uses their mobile for browsing through the store for shopping. So the webstore owner needs to focus on that part of the customer group.
On the other hand, many customers from the mobile user’s group avoid downloading the app at the starting when they are ordering for the first time from any e-commerce site.
The reason behind that, the native application needs more space in their respective devices, which sometimes create problems for them.
On the other hand, if the store owner has a PWA for their webstore, then it can act like the native application for the user without requiring much space.
In comparison to the native apps, the PWAs are faster and also works in the poor network connection.
When To Develop Ecommerce PWA
There are some cases by which the store owner will get to know that when the need to develop a PWA for their webstore:
- The store owner who has just started their online store or new to the e-commerce business.
- In case, the store owner can see the decrease in the growth of conversion rate on their website.
- The store owner wants to develop a native app for their webstore to increase the revenue, but they are on a tight budget.
- To provide a great browsing experience for the mobile user.
- Focus on mobile users as their numbers are more.
- The store owner doesn’t want to publish their app on the store.
Prerequisite To Build Ecommerce PWA
Below are some points which need to be followed on before developing PWA for a webstore:
I. Create an app shell
An application shell (or app shell) architecture is one way to build a Progressive Web App that instantly loads on your user’s screens, similar to what the user sees in native applications.
With the help of an app shell, the PWA perform fast with the high performance.
This element is essential for an application with dynamic content and relatively constant navigation.
II. Service Worker
A Service Worker helps the Progressive Web Application to work in offline mode or poor internet connection, so it is such a main component which PWA should include.
This network script keeps scanning the system, and it determines where it should download content – from cache or server.
Note- HTTPS server is needed to implement it.
III. Manifest file
The manifest file contains all the relevant data about the PWA such as splash screen. The splash screen appears at the loading time of the application which the user will able to see.
It also used to add the description of the PWA, PWA name, application icon, etc.
IV. Push Notification
To make the PWA similar to the native application, it’s worth enabling the push notification into it. It helps a lot to attract more users and also helps to retain the existing one.
The service worker and Push API is the main factor behind the functioning of push notification.
Benefits Of Having PWA Of A Webstore
The PWA is beneficial for the store owner in the following ways:
- Easy to Access- The big advantage of PWA is that it is easily accessible for anyone using the web browser. The users don’t need to download the PWA from the Store, which eliminates an extra step for users.
- HTTPs- It secures the data transferred between the browser and the website.
- Offline Mode- The user of PWA can surf the web store in the poor internet connection or even in offline mode.
- Browser Compatible- The PWA provides the users with optimal experience across all existing browsers.
- Speed- It uses advanced caching and making use of local device storage, which leads the PWA to perform at high speed.
- Flexibility- The PWA serves perfectly on various devices, such as mobile and tablets.
- Native Feel- The PWAs can interact with the backend of an e-commerce store through the API calls so that it can provide much sleeker experience.
- Always Up-to-date- The users do not need to update the PWA by themselves as the PWA updates automatically.
- Easy to Develop- The PWAs are cheaper, faster, and easier in development in comparison to the native apps.
- Indexable: The Progressive Web Application have indexable and shareable URLs.